1. Personal information protection system
We have created and maintain a system designed to properly protect user information. We have also established a compliance program, which is continually implemented and updated, that requires board members and employees to protect personal information.
2. Managing personal information security
We are careful that users' personal information is managed safely, accurately, and in the latest status when acquiring, using, storing and canceling/deleting said information, and we ensure that the information will not be leaked nor wrongly accessed.
Furthermore, the ENEOS Group may subcontract part of this work and provide personal information to the work subcontractor to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In such a case, we sign an agreement with said work subcontractor(s) regarding the handling of personal information and take other steps necessary for appropriate subcontractor management and supervision.
3. Clarifying the purpose of use
When acquiring personal information, we clarify its intended purpose of use along with other matters in accordance with the relevant laws, etc., and then either inform the user thereof directly or publicly disclose said matters. We use personal information for the following purposes.
(1) For contact / responses to business partners (including personal customers and businesses that may become business partners) regarding work / transactions
(2) To give information about and provide products and services to business partners
(3) To carry out subcontracted work in cases where the ENEOS Group receives the provision of products or services from a business partner or is entrusted with handling of personal information
(4) To respond to legal obligations or demands (including reports to domestic and international regulatory bureaus, judicial / administrative agencies, and stock exchanges and responding to audits thereof)
Furthermore, in the following cases, we may use personal information without contact to the user directly or public disclosure.
(1) If there is a risk that informing the user of or publicly disclosing the purpose of use may damage the life, health, property, or other rights and profits of the user or a third party
(2) If there is a risk that informing the user of or publicly disclosing the purpose of use may damage the rights or appropriate profits of the ENEOS Group
(3) If cooperation is required for a national agency or regional organization to fulfill legally determined work and there is a risk that informing the user of or publicly disclosing the purpose of use may impede the fulfillment of the said work
(4) If the purpose of use is deemed obvious from the status of acquisition
4. Provision to third parties
As a rule, we do not share personal information with third parties. However, in the circumstances listed hereafter, personal information may be shared with or disclosed to a third party.
(1) If permission has been granted by the user
(2) If the information is to be shared with a separate entity with which we have a confidentiality agreement and when required to fulfill the ENEOS Group's objectives
(3) If personal information is to be shared within the ENEOS Group or with a specific entity, such as a company, and when this has been publicly disclosed or the user has been informed of such
(4) If the information must be shared or disclosed as an exception for legal reasons
(5) If disclosure or provision is required to prevent danger regarding the life, health, or property of the user or a third party
5. Transfer of personal information to overseas
If providing personal information to a third party, such as an overseas business partner, including work subcontractors and parties with shared use, the ENEOS Group takes the necessary and appropriate measures determined by law.
6. Use of anonymized information
The ENEOS Group may use personal information having turned it into statistical information or having otherwise edited it to prevent personal identification, in order to improve our products and services. In such a case, we do not acquire descriptions deleted from the said personal information or information regarding the processing method, nor do we compare the said anonymized information with other information in order to identify an individual in the personal information used to create the anonymized information. Also, we take the necessary and appropriate measures regarding the handling of anonymized information.
7. Handling of inquiries and requests for the disclosure, change, or stoppage of use of personal information
If a user contacts us about the handling of their personal information or requests that we disclose, change, or stop using their personal information, we will handle their inquiry or request quickly and properly after first verifying their identity.
(1) Inquiries to this company ENEOS https://www.eneos.co.jp/english/contact/
* When making an inquiry, please first agree to the content listed at https://www.eneos.co.jp/english/contact/.
(2) Inquiries to other companies in the ENEOS Group
Please contact the respective company. If you inquire at the location listed above in (1), please be aware we may forward your inquiry to the respective Group company.
Ohta Katsuyuki, President